Thursday, March 24, 2016

Second grade Andy Warhol self portrait collage

Second grade artists have been studying the Pop Art movement with Andy Warhol. We learned a bit about his work by watching a short youtube video (click here). We learned about his life and read the book "Uncle Andy's" which can also be found on youtube by clicking here.
Image result for uncle andy's book

We noticed how he liked to repeat images and how he copied images that were normally not considered art. We used his ideas to inspire our own pop self-portraits!


We also thought about calligraphy and graphic design by using creative lettering to design our names and qualities about us with each of our images.





On the back, we filled out our three favorite facts about Andy Warhol's life and art.



Learning Goals:
I can identify the art of Andy Warhol
I can describe Pop Art
I can show blending in my art with crayon
I can use calligraphy and creative lettering to create my own name.
I can list 3 things about Andy Warhol's life and art.

1 comment:

  1. your blog is just so cool!!!.... love the slideshows you are presenting. I think I will use your format of learning objectives next year in my plan book.

    ReplyDelete