Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Reporting.... what 3rd Graders learned about Jim Dine and Value/Blending!

3rd Graders are learning about the art of Jim Dine! They enjoyed a slide show about his work and then designed their own heart art just in time for Valentine's Day. They thought about their color schemes, and creating value while blending in their paintings. 



What I learned about Jim Dine is that when he "chooses an object, he makes it HIS!" - Morgan, 3rd Grade

What I learned about Jim Dine was that his mom died when he was young. Maybe missing his mom made him paint hearts because they reminded him of his mom! -Ella, 3rd Grade

What I learned about how to blend light paints and dark paints into colored paint to create value! - Layne, 3rd Grade

What I learned about was that he got his ideas for painting robes when he was looking at a newspaper and saw a robe in an advertisement. He said, "That looks like ME!"  - Cody, 3rd Grade

What I learned was that he painted a robe because he thought it looked like him. The robe was empty and I think he was sad so he thought it looked like himself.  - Olivia, 3rd grade






2 comments:

  1. I love these hearts. And I love your white boards, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty! Just started taking photos of them when I can remember. Hopefully they can be of help to someone even if ALL the steps are not there! :)

      Delete